Why people snore?
When people sleep at night, the excitement of nerve decreased, promoting the soft tissues more sagging,the breathe air in and out will result with the vibration of soft tissues. Snore begins. Just as shown in the figure below:
Causes of snoring:
1. Being overweight or out of shape. Fatty tissue and poor muscle tone contribute to snoring. Even if you’re not overweight in general, carrying excess weight just around your neck or throat can cause snoring. Exercising and losing weight can sometimes be all it takes to end your snoring.
2. The way you’re built. Men have narrower air passages than women and are more likely to snore. A narrow throat, a cleft palate, enlarged adenoids, and other physical attributes that contribute to snoring are often hereditary. Again, while you have no control over your build or gender, you can control your snoring with the right lifestyle changes, bedtime routines, and throat exercises.
3. Nasal and sinus problems. Blocked airways or a stuffy nose make inhalation difficult and create a vacuum in the throat, leading to snoring.
4. Alcohol, smoking, and medications. Alcohol intake, smoking, and certain medications, such as tranquilizers like lorazepam (Ativan) and diazepam (Valium), can increase muscle relaxation leading to more snoring.
5. Age. As you reach middle age and beyond, your throat becomes narrower, and the muscle tone in your throat decreases. While you can do anything about growing older, lifestyle changes, new bedtime routines, and throat exercises can all help to prevent snoring.
6. Sleep posture.Sleeping flat on your back causes the flesh of your throat to relax and block the airway. Changing your sleep position can help.
Stop snoring self-help tips:
1. Lose weight
Being overweight by just a few kilograms can lead to snoring. Fatty tissue around your neck squeezes the airway and prevents air from flowing in and out freely.
2. Change Your Sleep Position.
Lying on your back makes the base of your tongue and soft palate collapse to the back wall of your throat, causing a vibrating sound during sleep. Sleeping on your side may help prevent this.
Sleep Nurse Watch can remind you automatically changing your sleeping posture when detecting snoring.
3. Avoid alcohol
Avoid alcohol before going to bed. Alcohol causes the muscles to relax more than usual during a normal night's sleep. This added relaxation of the muscles makes the back of the throat collapse more readily, which then causes snoring.
4. Quit smoking
Quit or cut down on smoking. Cigarette smoke irritates the lining of the nasal cavity and throat, causing swelling and catarrh. If the nasal passages become congested, it's difficult to breathe through your nose because the airflow is decreased.
5. Open Nasal Passages
Keep your nasal passages clear, so that you breathe in through your nose rather than your mouth. If an allergy is blocking your nose, try antihistamine tablets or a nasal spray.
6.Stop snoring devices
There are a range of stop snoring treatments and devices in the market. These include Sleep Nurse, Which features a specially designed biosensor with logiccontrol IC from USA, which can smartly detect snoring. Once Sleep Nurse detects snoring , gentle electrical pulse will be sent automatically to stimulate nerves on the snorer's skin. Then the brain senses the nerve stimulation, and remind or train the snorer him/herself to change the sleeping posture, thereby reducing snoring. Your pharmacist can tell you what's available, or you can visit Shenzhen Inlins Technology Co.,Ltd's website www.inlins.com for more details about Sleep Nurse. Or please click the picture directly.
Previous: 2015 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Copyright © 2018 Shenzhen Inlins Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved 粤ICP备13057095号-1